South Lakes football team beats Herndon in last game of season

Maddy McFarlin, staff writer

The final football game this season against Herndon High School was a rainy one, but the Seahawks came through with a win with a score of 23-7.

During the first quarter of the game, South Lakes intercepted the pass, with Izaiah Williams-Baffoe scoring a touchdown, and converted on the extra point as well. South Lakes turned over a possession on a missed field goal, but the score was still 7-0. Herndon’s Stephen Schoenefeldt scored a touchdown on a 76-yard pass and the extra point conversion was scored by Drew Geyer. At the end of the first quarter, the score was tied at 7-7.

The second quarter was slightly uneventful with no touchdowns made, but there was a halftime performance given by the Herndon Dance Team.

The third quarter began with a kick off from Herndon, but there were still no touchdowns, leaving the score still 7-7.
In the fourth and final quarter, Seahawks scored another rushing touchdown with 8 minutes left. Seahawks scored a two point conversion leaving the score at 15-7. At the very end of the quarter, Seahawks scored one last touchdown before the end of the game leaving the final score 23-7.

About the Writer
Maddy McFarlin, Staff Sports Writer

Maddy is a Sophomore in High School and is also a part of the South Lakes Dance Team! This is her second year in journalism and she is so excited to be...