Tyson’s thieves apprehended

Image via Fairfax County Police Police Department

A long trail of police officers could be seen speeding down I-495 in an attempt to catch a retail theft ring after more than $4,500 worth of handbags were stolen from Tysons on the evening of January 5. 

Detectives and Virginia State Police chased after the Chevrolet Suburban using the express lane to avoid the heavy rush hour traffic. The thieves were all arrested after a successful traffic stop around 5:05 p.m. that night. 

The four people, Shaniya Briyanna Clark, Miyara Ghiselle Fletcher, Kevin Wormley, and Paris Teresa Hooks, were all taken to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center where they received their charges. 

Clark, 19, Fletcher, 19, Wormley, 32, are all from Maryland and Hooks, 20, is from D.C. All four were charged with grand larceny and conspiracy to commit larceny. Hooks and Fletcher were charged with intent to sell and were both released on a $6,000 unsecured bond. Wormley was also released on a $6,000 unsecured bond. Clark was held on a $1,000 secured bond. 

The authorities were able to recover the stolen goods, amounting to over a dozen designer handbags. They returned the bags to Bloomingdale’s in Tysons. 

This theft comes only a few months after the Tyson’s Urban Team caught three suspects accused of engaging in credit card fraud. The men were discovered with 44 stolen checks and 29 stolen credit cards. All three were held with no bond.