Ty Dolla $ign, Kanye West, Lil Durk, Bump J — Vultures [TRACK REVIEW]

On November 21st, 2023, Kanye West had music to share to the world for the first time in two years.
Ty Dolla $ign, Kanye West, Lil Durk, Bump J — Vultures

Vultures debuted on Chicagos’ Hot 97 radio, then was added to streaming services the day after on the 22nd. The only differences between the unreleased and released versions was that Lil Durks’ feature was removed entirely from streaming services. However, this would be changed as the version releasing with Lil Durk would be released the next day on the 23rd. 

As many may know, Kanye has been in many controversies and conspiracy theories; which  he has spoken out about on his media tour spanning over multiple podcasts last year. The indefinite end to the fanfare would stop at the Alex Jones Show, where he stood by and doubled down on his now infamous comments.

After all of these controversies and theories, he has not only openly supported but also doubled down on, the music to compensate is…not good. For the standards of an artist at such an echelon as Kanye, the music is very poor. I liked the mixing on Bump J’s and Durks’ verses on the unreleased versions compared to the official. The main contributor to this song is Ty Dolla Sign, who has not only very good vocals, but a melodic flow. Which has a consistent attack on this very well-thought out trap drums with occasional gongs and bells.

In my final thoughts, I am very excited for the rumored album between Ye and Ty. However, I don’t think this song should be kept on the album. It is clear that this isn’t the level of the quality that Ye is known for and can achieve. With that said, I hope that this album has quality tracks and I hope it is released soon.