NFL week one preview

NFL Sunday Week 1 via the Action Network

The new NFL season has kicked off and people worldwide are excited for what the new season will bring. The Chiefs are coming off their 3rd superbowl victory in franchise history. Star Tight End, Travis Kelce, was injured in practice just days before their opening game. With Kelce being limited, we will now see the reigning superbowl champs and former MVP Patrick Mahomes play the Lions on Thursday night in Kansas City.

The Philadelphia Eagles, who are coming off of a Super Bowl loss, are playing the New England Patriots, in New England, at 4:00 PM on Sunday. The Eagles, in the offseason, lost star Defensive Tackle Javon Hargrave to an 80 Million dollar deal with the San Francisco 49ers and also lost running back Miles Sanders to the Carolina Panthers. They replaced these players with First Round pick Jordan Davis and signing Running Back Rashaad Penny.

The game of the week is the Buffalo Bills playing the New York Jets. Both teams have made changes in the offseason, but the Jets have made one of the best off seasons for their organization in the last couple years. The Jets added 2 time MVP Aaron Rodgers and former Vikings number one running back Dalvin Cook. Meanwhile, the Bills stayed stagnant during their offseason with keeping most of their offense and defense.

Next big game of opening week is the New York Giants and the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night football. The Giants have lost four straight games and 11 of 12 to the Dallas Cowboys. Last year in their division the NFC East, the giants went 1-4-1 and still made the playoffs. The Cowboys, however, lost former Running Back Ezekiel Elliot and the star is now shining on Tony Pollard. He had a breakout 2022 season and the team took notice.

The NFL season is now up and running and teams are ready to make their mark. 16 Games will take place over the next few days and we will start to have an understanding of who will make a move at the Lombardi in the NFL’s 104th season.