Nick Harris Feature

Nick Harris, Senior Starting Quarterback via the SLHS Football Team

The South Lakes Seahawks football team is off to a fantastic 4-0 start this year and senior quarterback Nick Harris has been at the forefront of the team’s success. When asked about how he thinks the season is going, Harris stated: “We haven’t really had any close games yet, so I think we’re off to a great start.” Harris has had a phenomenal start to the season, with his passing yards ranked 6th in Virginia (820), while being 5th in total yards (1004). While talking with South Lakes head coach Jason Hescock, he commented: “[Nick] wants to run the ball. He wants to throw it but he wants to run it.” 

The last South Lakes game versus Mount Vernon was dominated by the Seahawks. The game featured highlights from Harris including two 16-yard completions, a 44-yard passing touchdown, a 22-yard gain on the ground, and a 20-yard completion. As a Junior last year, Harris was not the starting Quarterback on the Varsity Football team. Coach Hescock stated, “He’s really honed in on a lot of things that last year he wasn’t able to do that now he can.”

Based on the senior’s success this season, one could wonder what comes next in his future as a Quarterback. When asked where he sees himself going in football, Harris stated, “I don’t really know yet, but it probably depends a lot on how this season goes. So far, it’s gone really well, so it really depends on this season.” Although uncertain of his final season’s outcome, Nick definitely has an auspicious athletic future ahead of him as SLHS’ starting quarterback!