The South Lakes Varsity Cheer Team makes Districts and Regionals

Photo credits to South Lakes Varsity Cheer’s Instagram

Eat sleep, cheer, and repeat, at least that’s what the girls on the cheer team have done for the past few months. The South Lakes Varsity Cheer Girls have worked  very hard to perfect their competition routines. Last Wednesday, (October 18th) all of that hard work paid off. The girls, with the help of their coaches, made it to regionals placing 4th at districts. 

When describing the training process for the athletes, Coach Slaight, the SLHS Cheer Head Coach, said: “It was long and hard, they’ve been training [ever] since August. We practice five days a week for about 2.5 hours a day.” She tells us that the team’s routine was choreographed by an all-star coach in Pennsylvania. Slaight continues: “The girls put out a great routine, they worked hard, [and] stayed together and connected, that’s all I can ask for.” 

Senior Kenzie Clifford says: “It feels really good to have all of our hard work validated as we pushed through lots of obstacles.” All four years of cheering for the Varsity Cheer Team, Clifford made it to regionals and said: and said: “It’s really nice because you’re connected with everyone in your region, everyone is so friendly and it’s good competition.” Moreover, Senior Amalia Wyatt also said: “We train everyday and it’s a lot of reps and trying to nail the routine.” 

South Lakes’ Cheer Team has been working ever since August to deliver their outstanding performance at Centerville this upcoming Saturday. (October 28th, 2023) With that said, please make sure to show your support for our team! They’ll perform at 12:30 PM in Centerville High School.