Nationals reveal new threads, announce discontinuation of fan favorite jerseys

The Nationals new home (left) and away (right) jerseys. via/MLB.com

On January 26th, the Nationals announced that they will be wearing new jerseys during the 2024 season. 

The new jerseys are designed by Nike, and the home jersey includes the first V-neck design in Nationals history, the Capitol building on the left chest, and an uppercase “W” over the Capitol building. On the right sleeve, there is an outline of the D.C. border. The trim on the jersey and pants are red and white.

The away uniform features the word  “WASHINGTON”  in all capital letters with red numbers as an ode to the mid-late 2000s Nationals teams. The left sleeve features the signature “Curly W” symbol with the team name rotating around it. The trim on the away uniform replaces the team main three colors on the jersey pants and trim.

These jerseys received mixed reactions from fans on social media, with supporters calling them very simplistic and a step down from the old uniforms.

Along with the new main uniforms, the Nationals also announced the discontinuation of their City Connect “Cherry Blossom” uniform after the 2024 season. The gray coloring with the cherry blossom-pink sprinkled throughout the uniform will be worn exclusively on Friday and Saturday home games during the 2024 season, then will be retired from traditional use after this year.