Spring sports at South Lakes

Image via Amazon
Image via Amazon

The end of winter sports opens the door to the spring sports at South Lakes. South Lakes offers boys’ baseball, boys and girls soccer, boys and girls tennis, boys and girls lacrosse, outdoor track, and girls’ softball.

In order to participate in sports, students must complete a physical form from the Virginia High School League, which states that you have consent to play a sport and are physically fit to participate, and complete the online athletic registration form.

Freshman Katie Bagley is planning to play lacrosse this spring. Bagley did winter track in the winter. “Lacrosse was my first choice,” Bagley says. She was trying to choose between outdoor track and lacrosse. 

Tryouts for all sports take place on February 19, 20, and 21, at different times for each sport. Most sports will have their announcements on the 21st after tryouts.

Freshman Savannah Blair is trying out for the girls soccer team. “I am excited, but I am nervous since everyone is so good,” Blair said. Soccer was her first choice, having played the sport prior to high school.

Success normally follows spring sports, such as district championships and athletes making the all district teams, and some even qualifying for the all region team, which compose of the best players of a sport in a district or region.