Five Nights at Freddy’s [REVIEW]

‘Five Nights at Freddy’s’ / Image Credits reserved to IMDb.

Based off of the video game that was popular in the 2010s, Five Nights at Freddy’s, is a new movie starring Josh Hutcherson, Matthew Lillard, and Elizabeth Lail. The FNAF Movie was released in theaters on Friday, October 27th, 2023. This story follows a hired  Security Guard, named Mike Schmidt. The Children’s Entertainment Establishment is prone to dangerous animatronic malfunctions, especially at night. Schmidt has to watch the security cameras and doors, surveilling, and watching out for those peeking animal-robots; ready to bite. If Mike makes it to 6:00 A.M; he survives that night entirely, ultimately receiving his paycheck by the end of the 5-day week. 

Rotten Tomatoes’ Tomatometer rated the movie 30% overall, and for the audience score, it received a 88%. This kind of review is not only from critics, but also non-critics; who’ve watched the film. Many critics say the film is primarily directed to the Five Nights at Freddy’s Fandom. These critics stated the FNAF film was perfect and its visuals brought the animatronics to life as imagined.  On the contrary though, critics think otherwise, unpleased by the staging, story-telling, and lack of horrifying elements. Those same critics believe the Five Nights At Freddy’s Movie was one of the worst movies of 2023.

One of the reasons for the intense hype on social media was because Generation-Z grew up with the survival-horror game. Scott Cawthon released the first FNAF video-game installment in 2014; reaching the stars upon arrival. Scott Cawthon typically releases new video-games into the popular line-up. Five Nights At Freddy’s Security Breach obtained massive success and adoration from audiences in 2021. These newer installments have yet to receive film-adaptations. After a short interval without updates, a film following the events of F.N.A.F 1 was surprisingly made. 

The announcement of this film brought that same memorable nostalgia back to players. Those who cherished the Five Nights At Freddy’s Franchise wanted to witness the film scrumptiously on the silver screen. It was also available to stream digitally on Peacock too. Despite these mixed reviews, eventually, all and each have their own opinions on the horror film.