Grey’s Anatomy returns for a 20th Season!

Image via ABC
Image via ABC

The medical drama Grey’s Anatomy has been running since 2005, and another season is in the making! The 20th season is rumored to come out around March of 2024. Grey’s Anatomy was recently named the longest running medical drama show, as it has been around for 19 years. Fans were excited to hear that many of the original cast members are coming back for the 20th season of the show. 

Some fans are sick and tired of the same cast, but others find it nostalgic that some of the original actors and actresses are coming back to star in season 20. Actors such as Chandra Wilson who plays Dr. Miranda Bailey, James Pickens who plays the role of Dr. Richard Webber, Dr. Owen Hunt who is played by Kevin McKidd, and Kim Raver, who played Dr. Teddy Altman will be returning to reprise their roles. Other much loved characters such as Dr. Amelia Shepherd (Caterina Scorsone) and Dr. Jo Wilson (Camila Luddington) are coming back to the show as well. 

The unexpected return of the character Dr. Arizona Robbins, played by Actress Jessica Capshaw, is probably the most popular topic concerning the new season. After being introduced as an infamous pediatric surgeon, Dr. Arizona Robbins left Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital in season 14 to reunite with her ex-wife Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez) and daughter Sofia in New York. As a well-loved character, it was devastating for many viewers to witness Capshaw leave the show in 2017. However, in February of 2024, Capshaw announced that she would be returning to the show to star in season 20 of Grey’s Anatomy. 

There are still many questions concerning this new season. Will Dr. Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo) return this season? Will this be the last ever season of Grey’s Anatomy after 19 years of streaming this show? Will any other prominent characters return to Grey’s Anatomy? All of these questions will be answered when the show returns!