Freshman soccer phenomenon: Emily Inman

Image via Instagram/@flicks.by.sierra
Image via Instagram/@flicks.by.sierra

The South Lakes girl’s soccer team is currently 4-2 for the 2023-2024 season. One key to their success is Freshman Emily Inman who made varsity this year. Inman is the top scorer for the team and also the top scorer in the Concorde district. She is ranked first for points in the region, and fourth in the school’s division, Class 6. 

Inman was also named athlete of the month for March and is the only freshman this year to have had this title.

“I signed up for it [soccer], and it just worked,” Inman said when asked about what got her into soccer. She has been playing soccer ever since she was a toddler. Inman was excited to begin her high school soccer career on the varsity team. Although she was confident in her skills prior to joining the team, she says she did not expect to be the top scorer in the region.

Inman plays travel soccer on the club team VA Union. Travel is a huge commitment as she has to go to many games and tournaments which are typically far away, but it helps her improve her skills in soccer.

Inman hopes to win States this season, and she also wants to go to a D1 school for college soccer, specifically Westpoint.