What’s going on between Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce?   

Via NBC News
Via NBC News

The pop star Taylor Swift was seen attending football player Traivs Kelce’s game, sparking rumors about a possible romance between the two. Swift was sitting with Kelce’s mom, Donna, and seemed to be very comfortable around her. Kelce also caught a touchdown in the attendance of Taylor Swift. After the game, the two were caught leaving together in a “getaway car” on their way to a restaurant celebration with the Kansas City Chiefs, Kelce’s team. 

In a press conference after Sunday’s game, quarterback for the Kansas City Chiefs, Patrick Mahomes was asked questions concerning Swift’s and Kelce’s relationship. Mahomes stated that while he was talking to Kelce, Kelce said, “yeah I think she’s coming to the game today”, referring to Swift. Then after, Mahomes said that he apparently “moved about his business” as normal. During another interview right after the game, head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs, Andy Reid, made a joke saying, “I have met her before, let me just say I set it up” referring once again, to Kelce and Swift’s romance. 

Fans started to support Kelce and Swift’s supposed romance after an episode of his podcast with his brother, Jason, called “New Heights”. The two talked about the Eras tour concert that he attended. Kelce said he was disappointed that he didn’t get to meet Swift after the concert because he was planning to hand her a friendship bracelet with his phone number. There have been many theories as to why fans think Travis Kelce is “the one” for Taylor Swift. One theory is that Kelce is Swift’s 13th boyfriend, which is her famous lucky number. Another theory is that 13 plus 87, which is Kelce’s jersey number, is 100. Fans also think they are a good match because they are both family people, like to have a good time, and are both big celebrities right now.

There is also drama surrounding Kelce’s ex-girlfriend, Maya Benberry. In 2016, Kelce and Benberry began dating after she appeared on his show “Catching Kelce.” Later on in their relationship, Benberry believed that Kelce was flirting with other people and cheating on her through Instagram. After finding out about Swift and Kelce’s relationship, Benberry told the Daily Mail that “Taylor seems like such a fun girl with a beautiful spirit, so I wish her the best of luck, but I wouldn’t be a girl’s girl if I didn’t advise her to be smart!” Then Benberry said “once a cheater always a cheater”. This was Benberry allegedly warning Swift about Kelce, with her comments attracting media attention. People are unsure of what Benberry was trying to accomplish while saying this, but some people may think that she was just looking out for Swift, while others may think that Benberry is simply jealous of them.

In  a new episode of Jason and Traivs Kelce’s podcast, Jason was asking Travis about the game and Swift’s appearance there. He said “She looked amazing, to see the slow motion chest bumps, to see the high fives with mom. It was definitely a game I will remember that’s for d**n sure”. He also mentioned how people in the suite had nothing but good things to say about Swift and said that Bill Belichick reminded him that it’s the “best catch he’s ever had in his life”. Will this romance last and will Kelce be “the one”?