UDA College Dance Nationals

UDA / (Accredited to Varsity TV)
‘UDA’ / (Accredited to Varsity TV)

UDA (Universal Dance Association) college dance nationals happened from January 12-14th at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort. Over 300 college teams from all over the country came to compete in their routines that they have been working on all year in different styles like hip hop, jazz, and pom. This competition was shown live on Varsity TV. 

These teams in division IA came to win, bringing everything they had. Ohio State came in first, with a score of 98.92. The University of Minnesota Spirit Squad came in second with a score of 98.42. Both teams had an amazing performance in the Jazz category. In the Hip Hop category, Louisiana State University came in first, with their outstanding performance scoring a 97.22. University of Nevada came in second with a score of 96.49. For the pom category the University of Minnesota Spirit Squad came in first with a score of 98.47, and Ohio State came in second with a score of 97.71. 

Every single one of these teams did amazing, but there were three routines that stood out among the rest. Ohio State’s Jazz routine to “My Way” by Frank Sinatra, the University of Minnesota’s Jazz routine to “Dream On” by Aerosmith, and Louisiana State’s hip hop routine to “Smooth Criminal” by Michael Jackson. Their performances and routines are sure to have people talking.