Stranger Things season five is on it’s way

Image via The Economic Times
Image via The Economic Times

The fifth and final season of the popular television series Stranger Things is finally in production. Even though Netflix, the service producing the show, hasn’t set a release date, it looks like it will be streaming sometime in early 2025. With the devastating season four finale ending with Eddie dying in Dustin’s arms, fans are eager to see what happens next. 

It is rumored that season five will  have the longest film schedule and timeline in the show. Maya Hawke, who plays the character Robin, stated,“We’re supposedly through the first quarter in the first third, but I bet it will go late.” The delay in filming started because of the 2023 SAG-AFTRA strike when American actors were on strike over a labor dispute with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers. This lasted from July 14 to November 9, 2023. 

Many of the same actors from the previous seasons of the show are returning to season five. Actors like Millie Bobby Brown (Eleven), Finn Wolfhard (Mike), and Winona Ryder (Joyce). There might even be new characters to the show because of numerous issued casting calls for the new season in January. Currently, the show is being filmed in and around Atlanta, Georgia.

Overall, fans are overjoyed that the new season of Stranger Things is coming. Exciting things are afoot for the new season! Keep an eye out for Stranger Things season five.