Reston Association Reveals Results Of 2024 Election

Image via. RA staff

The Reston Association announced the winners of its 2024 election for the Board of Directors in its annual meeting on April 9th, 2024. The Board of Directors serves the Association and its members are chosen from the general Association. Any Reston Association member can run for any position, baring Board President. The results are as follows:

• Three candidates ran for two vacant at-large seats (seats where the representative represents the entire body of constituents rather than a single district) on the board. Izzy Santa and Jalal Mapar both easily beat out Darin Skelly. They will serve three-year terms.
  • Incumbent Jennifer Jushchuk ran unopposed and was reelected to represent the South Lakes District for a new three-year term.
  • Margaret Perry defeated Lynda McCann-Ovington and Carolina Mejia. She will serve a two-year term as a representative for apartment owners in Reston.

Aside from the election results, Reston Association Board President John Farrell provided an update on the board’s activities since the last board election.

“The last year has been unexpectedly an exceptionally eventful for Reston,” he said. “Together, you and the association defeated an attempt to locate a casino at the Wiehle Metro Station. Those of us who live near the Wiehle Metro Station, especially, thank you for that. Restonians will need to continue their vigilance as the proponents of that terrible idea promised to try again in the next general assembly session.”

In 2023, the board also eliminated members’ fees for recreational passes, so that Reston Association members will now have free and full use of the Reston Association’s pools and tennis courts. A full survey accompanied this budget change, the first of its kind regarding the desires of Reston Association members around their recreational facilities.