Places to shop for prom

Image via Bella Brides
Image via Bella Brides

Prom season is here! It’s time to start looking for outfits to wear, if you haven’t found one already. This can be a stressful time for high schoolers一but it’s easy to make it fun! Try looking through these shops to find the perfect outfit for your evening activities. 

If you’re looking for an in-person store to try on pieces, the options around Northern Virginia are somewhat scarce. However, there are a few stores! Being able to try on an outfit in person before buying is very helpful. You can find the perfect outfit without having to guess about whether or not you’ll like one you find online.

Windsor is a popular shopping destination, especially during the homecoming and prom seasons. Prom dresses here are usually priced around $120, and include a variety of styles. To issue a return, items must be returned in the condition they came in and brought to a retail location near you. 

A lot of people find themselves shopping for dresses at Nordstrom. This is a great option for finding relatively inexpensive suits and dresses. There is a location in Tysons mall, with a full return policy. 

In the DC area, there are shops for a more personal experience. Head over to Georgetown Formal Wear to find the piece that was made for you. Brooke’s Bridal and Ball is another in-person option that will give you a more personable experience than shopping in a mall.  

If you’re looking to shop online, this can open doors to a wider array of options. An important thing to take note of is the return policy for each shop that you visit. This can be determined by simply searching the return policy for the store online. 

Stores like Oh Polly and Baby Boo offer a beautiful range of dresses, long and short, sparkly and matte, fluffy or bodycon. Always check reviews for details on shipping dates, quality of fabrics, and customer service. If you order an outfit online, don’t be afraid to take it to a tailor or dry cleaner to get it altered. Having your prom piece fit you properly makes all the difference and can completely change the look. 

Best of luck this prom season!