An Interview with SLHS’ History Teacher, Mr. Cincinnati

Owen Wojciechowski
SLHS’ History Teacher, Mr. Cincinnati

Mr. Cincinnati is an experienced History teacher with eight years of teaching under his belt. He holds a degree from the University of Iowa and is a valuable instructor at SLHS’ History Department. His passion for history is evident in his teaching methodology, which is both engaging and informative. Mr. Cincinnati brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the classroom, and his students appreciate his dedication to their successes.

• How long have you worked at SLHS? “It is my 8th year teaching at South Lakes High School.”

• Hometown? “Fairfax, Virginia.”

• Where did you attend college? “University of Iowa, Class of 2011.”

• What’s the best concert you’ve attended? “The Killers in October of 2022.”

• What book are you reading at the moment? The Last Action Heroes by Nick de Semlyen.

• What is your happy place? “The Beach.”

• If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet? “Abraham Lincoln, Ulysses S. Grant, or Genghis Khan.”

• If you were to win the lottery, what would be the very first thing you would do? “Listen to ‘Peacing out’ (By Bora Bora) and soon retire after winning.”

• What was the first record/cassette/CD you ever owned? ‘No Way Out’ by Puff Daddy and The Family.

• What is the #1 song most played on your phone right now? Or your favorite playlist? “I, myself, listen to a lot of Young Jeezy.”

• Who/What is your spirit animal? “Bald Eagle.”

• Any hidden or not-so-hidden talents? “Graphic Design.”

• What are your Indoor/outdoor activities or hobbies? “I usually read when I cannot go outside, but I do enjoy hiking and visiting National Parks.”

• What advice would you give yourself if you could travel back in time to the start of your career? “Do the little things and have patience [that I needed then.”]

• “What do you appreciate the most about SLHS? “I value the sense of family and community that exists here.”

Thank you for taking the time to share a bit about yourself, Mr. Cincinnati. It is clear that you are a dedicated and passionate teacher with a wealth of knowledge and experience to offer your students. From your love of history to your affinity for the beach, it is clear that you have a diverse set of interests and talents. It is no wonder that you are such a valued member of the faculty at South Lakes High School. We appreciate your commitment to your student’s success and look forward to seeing all that you will accomplish in the future.