Activities to do instead of going on your phone!

Image via Shutterstock
Image via Shutterstock

It is well known that being on your phone too much is not great for your physical and mental wellbeing. It can lead to headaches, poor grades, addiction and even anxiety. Teens tend to use their phones the most, so these are some activities that students can do rather than being on their phones! 

Image via Adobe Stock

Exercise 

Exercising can be a great way to spend time away from your phone! There are many health benefits to consistent exercise. Daily activity can strengthen your bones and muscles, reduce the risk of disease, and improve your overall mood and health. You may even have more fun exercising compared to scrolling mindlessly on your phone.

Image via Adobe Stock

Painting or drawing

If you are a creative individual and enjoy relaxing activities, painting or drawing are perfect choices for you and will help you spend more time away from your phone. It can also reduce stress, as well as improving memory and boosting your self-esteem.  

Image via Foreo

Journaling

Another calming way to stay off your phone is by journaling. If you struggle with stress or anxiety, writing down your thoughts and feelings in a journal or notebook can be a nice way to help reduce it. It also helps you set goals and improves your overall mental health.

Image via Healthline

Going out or spending time outside

If you take delight in being outdoors, you should try to spend more time outside. Being outside helps decrease anxiety and the risk of depression while improving concentration.

Image via Adobe Stock

Spend time with friends and family

Spending time with loved ones is always a wonderful thing. You can create long lasting memories, bond with each other, and build your relationships. It also eases stress and increases overall happiness. 

These are just a few of the many activities you can do to avoid being on your phone, give them a try!