Homecoming Pep-Rally

Photo via Mrs. Satterfield

Friday, September 29th, was South Lakes High School’s Homecoming pep rally. Homecoming week included spirit days, locker pod competitions and concluded with a fun pep rally. 

Leadership students helped plan and put together the pep rally with all the different games and running the event.

“Within one of our classes, 6th Period specifically, there was a pep rally committee.” Clara Landeryou, a South Lakes Leadership Student said. The pep rally committee, along with the help of Leadership’s executive council, planned this event. 

First, JROTC led the school in the national anthem. The South Lakes dance team performed a routine they made that was later performed at the Homecoming football game. They also performed with Seymour the Seahawk and some students. Varsity cheer performed their competition routine. 

“I thought [the cheer and dance team] did an amazing job, I thought that there was a whole lot of energy.” Mrs. Trigiano, the South Lakes Journalism Adviser, said cheerfully.

Image via Sentinel, Co-Editor-in-Chief (Veronika Owen)

Mr. Tashjy and Mr. Bristol, two members of the faculty at South Lakes, walked the plank. Mr. Bristol got the win. Mr. Tashjy said that he had fun and the strategy that he used the most was “balance.”

Photo via Co-Editor-in-Chief (Veronika Owen)

Spirit day winners were also announced at the pep rally. Seniors won all three categories: Most dressed up for each theme, lunch games, and overall points, for a total of 130 points. Out of all four grades, Senior Josh Lewis showed the most spirit and won the student spirit stick for the third time in a row. It’s really exciting”, Lewis said about his wins. “But my favorite part is always showing up and seeing other people’s costumes and showing everybody my costumes because it’s a lot of fun.”

The English Department also won the spirit stick for the most decorative hallway for over 6 years. 

“We put a lot of time and effort into [spirit days] and school spirit is something that is really important to us because we see a difference in how our students act when we are spirited and engaged too,” English Teacher, Ms. Pellerin said. “I was really excited to win.”

Audriana Jay, a member of the executive council in Leadership, described the planning process as “stressful” but she also said she was “happy with the outcome.”