Top Three Albums from the Main Genres of 2023

There were lots of stellar hits in 2023, this article will go over the top three albums of the most popular genres.
Formally reserved to Bandcamp.
‘Sam Smith’

In the pop genre, the top three albums were 1989 (Taylor’s Version), Gloria by Sam Smith and Endless Summer Vacation by Miley Cyrus. Released in October, 1989 (Taylor’s Version) is the number one pop album of 2023. It has 375,430,000 streams, 1.653 million units,

Endless Summer Vacation by Miley Cyrus.

1.261 million copies sold, it was number one on the Billboard, and 97% of listeners enjoyed this album according to Billboard. The top two most popular songs in that album are ‘Is it Over Now?’ and ‘Now that we don’t talk.’

Album number two is Sam Smith’s Gloria album: Released in January, it has had one billion streams, 1,600,000 units, there were 40,000,000 albums sold, it was number seven on the Billboard and 80% of listeners enjoyed this album. The top two songs of this album are ‘Unholy’ and ‘Love Me More.’ 

The third most popular pop album of 2023 is Endless Summer Vacation by Miley Cyrus. Since this song was released in March, it has reached 27,700,000 streams and 119,000 units.  It was number three on the Billboard, 55,000 albums were sold, and 94% of listeners enjoyed this album. That’s a wrap for the most popular pop albums this year!

1989 (Taylor’s Version) / ALBUM COVER

Next up, we will cover the top three country albums this year. First up is Morgan Wallen’s album, One Thing at a Time. Another great album released in March reached number one on the Billboard. It has 498.28 million streams, 501,000 units. It has sold over 111,500 albums, and 96% of listeners enjoyed this album. The top songs from One Thing at a Time were ‘Last Night’ and ‘Thinkin’ Bout Me.’ 

Taylor Swift’s ‘Speak Now’ Album
‘Zach Bryan’ Album

In 2nd place for country albums of 2023, is another Taylor Swift album, Speak Now (Taylor’s Version). This album was released in July and was number one on the Billboard. Since then, it has had 269 million streams, 716,000 units, 507,700 albums sold and 98% of listeners enjoyed this album. The top songs from this album were ‘I Can See You’ and ‘Enchanted.’ 

Lastly, in third place, is Zac Bryan’s album, Zac Bryan, and 97% of listeners enjoyed this album. His album was number one on the Billboard. There were 200,000 units and 5,000,000 streams. The most popular songs from this album were ‘I Remember Everything’ and ‘Tourniquet.’

Dave Matthews’ Band, ‘Walk Around The Moon Album’

The third genre is rock/alternative. Lana Del Rey’s DYKTTTVOB album is first, since it came out in March, 98% of listeners enjoyed this album and it has over 36,140,000 streams. Its top two songs are ‘Candy Necklace’ and ‘A&W.’ 87,000 albums have been sold, it has 1,000,000 units and it was number three on the Billboard. 

In 2nd place we have ‘Walk Around the Moon’ released by the Dave Matthews Band in May. This album has 44,000 units and 40,000 of them have been sold. 96% of listeners enjoyed this album, and it was number five on the Billboard. The two best songs of this album are ‘After Everything’ and ‘It could Happen.’ 

Dolly Parton’s ‘Rockstar’ Album

Lastly, in the rock and alternative genre, the number three album of this year is Rockstar which was released in November, by Dolly Parton. Around 118,000 albums of Rockstar have sold, and it has over 128,000 units. It was number three on the Billboard, and 93% of the listeners of this album enjoyed it. The most popular songs of this album are ‘What Has Rock and Roll Ever Done for You’ and ‘Purple Rain.’

Lana Del Rey’s DYKTTTVOB album

Lastly, this paragraph will cover the top three rap albums of 2023. Up first is Travis Scott’s album Utopia, which he released in July. It was number one on the Billboard and 98% of listeners enjoyed this album. The two best songs from this album are ‘TELEKINESIS’ (feat. Future & SZA) and  ‘MODERN JAM’ (feat. Teezo Touchdown). This album has around one billion streams, 496,000 units, and over 253,000 albums have been sold. 

Lastly, this paragraph will cover the top three rap albums of 2023. Up first is Travis Scott’s album Utopia, which he released in July. It was number one on the Billboard and 98% of listeners enjoyed this album. The two best songs from this album are ‘TELEKINESIS’ (feat. Future & SZA) and  ‘MODERN JAM’ (feat. Teezo Touchdown).’ This album has around one billion streams, 496,000 units, and over 253,000 albums have been sold. 

Drake’s Album Cover, ‘For All The Dogs’, drawn by his son, Adonis (Wikipedia)

Drake’s album, For all the Dogs released in October is the 2nd best rap album of 2023 with 514 million streams and 145,000 units. 78% that listened to For all the Dogs liked it, and over 410,500 albums have sold. The two top songs of this album are ‘First Person Shooter’ featuring J. Cole and ‘IDGAF’ featuring Yeat.

Yeat’s AftërLyfe Album

In 3rd place is Yeat. Since Yeat released his album ‘AftërLyfe,’ in February, it has been streamed over two million times. It was number four on the Billboard when it was released, and it has 54,145 units. The top two best songs of this album are ‘How it Go’ and ‘No More Talk.’

Overall, these artists went above and beyond creating these albums and created popular new songs for everyone to listen and jam out to.

Travis Scott’s Utopia Album, derived from Wikipedia