Teacher Feature: Mrs. Ericson

Image via Mrs. Ericson
Image via Mrs. Ericson

The South Lakes counselors work hard. One of these counselors is Mrs. Ericson, who is always willing to help students. Let’s get to know her better!

Mrs. Ericson’s passion is rowing. Her hometown is Fairfax, Virginia, and she went to Robinson High School. After graduating, she became a D1 athlete, getting a scholarship to George Mason for rowing. She has won many medals for rowing. If she wasn’t a counselor, she says she would probably be a rowing coach.  

A color that represents her is turquoise because it is “calming and exciting.” Her favorite food is sushi and her favorite singer is Lady Gaga, who is also the one person she would like to meet. Her spirit animal is an elephant and if she could have any super power she would want to be able to fly so she can travel around the world quickly. Her favorite place to travel to is Deep Creek, Maryland, which is also where she got married this past summer. If she won the lottery, she would travel to Europe.  

Mrs. Ericson has been working as a counselor here at South Lakes for seven years now. Her favorite thing about her job is seeing students succeed and overcome challenges. Her favorite thing about South Lakes is the counseling team, saying that, “we have a lot of great people on our staff and they are always helpful.”